Hi Stampers. When I look around the internet at card making, samples it seems like ink blending is all the rage. Most card makes use another brand of ink, but I knew I had to try ink blending with our Stampin’ Up! inks. Sure enough – it worked great! (The samples could be better, I know. But, this is my first ever try at it.)
I started with a Balmy Blue card base and a layer of Whisper White CS. The ink blending brushes, I purchases on Amazon. For the inks, I chose: Seaside Spray, Balmy Blue and a touch of Night of Navy for the sky. The grass was done using: Granny Apple Green, Pear Pizzaz and a touch of Garden Green inks.
Stampin’ Tip: It was important to start the brush off the card stock. I used grid paper and started making small circles on the grid paper and then moving into the card stock.
To keep the focal point on the ink blending, I chose a very simple silhouette. The stamp of the girl on a swing is from the Silhouette Scenes stamp set and memento black ink. For the tree, I used Basic Black CS and the Sweet Silhouette dies.
Stampin’ Tip: To get the girl on the swing good and dark, I used the Stamparatus so that I could stamp her multiple times, ensuring I got a nice dark, solid image.
For the interior of the card, I continued with the Silhouette Scenes stamp set and the Stamparatus. I also used the brushes to again add a little color to the top and bottom of the inside layer, leaving the middle white. Overall, I really like the effect and am super happy I could use my Stampin’ Up! inks. More practice should be forthcoming. 🙂
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my “Under My Umbrella” Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code VVQ6UXZC, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.