Hi Stampers. When I asked a question about crafting challenges, a few people told me they were struggling with working with Designer Series Papers. I found this a little baffling, so I’m going to explain how I approach it. When I want to make a card I start with an idea or a paper in mind. You have seen before that I have created many cards using this circle swirl technique. Because I want the circles to be the main element of the card, the background paper is kept simple to act as a backdrop.
For today’s card, I knew that I wanted to use the circle swirl technique and then the Ornate Garden DSP. So, I checked the back of the packet of DSP to see what colors Stampin’ Up! had used in the paper. I pulled out several pieces of CS and layed them on my desk to see what colors I felt would go well with the piece of DSP I chose.
The Calypso Coarl and Blushing Bride cardstocks are “warm” colors and the Old Olive and Pear Pizazz cardstocks are more of a “cool” color – giving balance. The sentiment is done in Early Espresso CS and ink.
Inside the card, the them stays someone the same in that I used a 1/2″ x 4″ strip of DSP on the side of my inside layer and stamped the sentiment inside in the same ink used on the outside. Simple, yet coordinating…
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Join My Team – Creative Royalty
Click HERE to learn more and start choosing your kit products! No Risk! Try out all of the demonstrator discounts and benefits through June 30, 2021. No penalty to drop. Extend from July through September (and you can order from the new 2021 Jul-Dec Mini Catalog early) by reaching $300 in sales by June 30, 2021. Just for You! There’s no obligation to host parties, sell or purchase anything other than the kit. It’s the perfect crafty gift to yourself!
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code W6FN39N6, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.