Thank you for joining us for the Pals Halloween Blog Hop. I’m excited to share my Halloween card with you! We hope you enjoy our virtual trick-or treat hop where you will either learn great tricks for your creative projects or enjoy a blog candy treat.
You should have just left stop number 12 on the Pals Hop – Lisa Davis at Cherry Street Paper Treats. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
This is my first attempt at using acetate and I must say…. I love the way this card turned out.
I started with a 5.5″ x 4.25″ of black that I used the spider web embossing folder on. then I cut a 6″ x 4.24″ of acetate and scored it at 5.5″ so it would fold over the top of the black cardstock. I adhered it with some super sticky tape. Then I punched out all the pieces and sponged them and assembled.
Basic Black – 5.5″ x 4.25″
Chocolate Chip – 4.25″ x 1″ (and scraps for the pumpkin stems)
Old Olive (leaves)
Pumpkin Pie (pumpkins)
Whisper White (ghost)
Basic Grey (clouds)
Silver Shimmer paper (moon)
Pumpkin Pie (sponged on pumpkins)
Craft White (sponged on clouds)
Build a Cupcake (clouds)
Build an Owl (ghost)
Build a Bird (leaves)
Deckle scissors (trim across strip of chocolate chip for dirt)
Spider Web Embossing Folder
Have you even used your snail adhesive and placed the layer
down only to find out it’s crooked or wrong some other way?
To get it to lift off easily, use the low heat on your heat gun
and gently warm up the adhesive and then it will lift off easily
and be ready to re-apply.
You could also use waxed dental floss between the two layers to separate them. Problem solved!!
The next stop is Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat, stop number 14 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
Blop Hop Lineup:
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair!
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit
- Lisa Davis at Cherry Street Paper Treats
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Shirley Sumption at Look at my Cute Stuff
- Sandra Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Carmen Sublasky at The Creative Stamptuary
- Margaret Moody at Margaret Moody