Welcome to the first Pals Blog Hop of 2015. We hope your new year is off to a great creative start. To celebrate the start of a new Stampin’ Up! year, we are showcasing products from our newest catalog this month – the Occasions catalog. You may also see new Sale-a-bration products too. If you don’t know how to earn free Sale-a-bration products – contact your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator to learn more.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events, stop number 28 on our hop. Use the full lineup below to move along from blog to blog so you see all of the new projects.
We were asked to use something we loved out of the new Stampin’ Up! 2015 Occasions catalog. My favorite thing so far is the Sheltering Tree stamp set. It’s adorable – it comes with the tree trunk and branches and a separate stamp for leaves (or snow), a swoosh that can be the ground, some grass, a rake, bike, a swing, snow, leaves and 5 sentiments. It contains 14 pieces in all and is in photopolymer, so layering the stamps is super easy!
As you can see here, the bicycle (stamped in Tuxedo Black ink) and the frame (stamped in Real Red) are two different stamps that are layered one on top of the other – where the totally clear stamp is super helpful! I think it looks much more realistic in the two colors.
The card base is Basic Black (8.5″ x 5.5″, scored at 4.25″) and a 5.25″ x 4″ layer of Whisper White card stock. My tree was stamped in Basic Grey, the ground in Smokey Slate, the bike as above and the sentiment in Real Red ink. I punched the hearts out of Real Red card stock with the heart from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and adhered them to the tree with glue dots.
I just love that I was able to get the cool winter scene with the black and greys and then that pop of red to make give it a Valentines Day look. Super cute!
The next stop is Candy Ford at Stamp Candy, stop number 30 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I’ll see you next month.
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Gifford at The Social Stamper
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Rae Harper at WildWestPaperArts.com
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Jane Knudsen at www.seejanestamp.com
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Michelle Quinno at Shell’s Life
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits From Dawn
- Angie Valle-Peters at Paperluxuries
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Shannon K Jaramillo at Shannon Kay Paperie
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Pamela Sadller at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon