Hi Stampers, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper as well as coordinating embellishments. What we love about Stampin’ Up! is they make it so easy to mix and match colors. And, the amazing selection of embellishments provides a wonderful finished look to our projects. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I’m in love with the new Fox Builder punch! There are just so many things you can do with it! The cutest thing I’ve seen done with it so far came from someone overseas. The blog was in a foreign language, so I couldn’t read it, but the photos made it easy to replicate the little bears. Aren’t they just the cutest?!?!
This card has a Basic Grey card base 11″ x 4.25″, scored at 4.25″. Next up is a 4″ x 5.25″ layer of Designer Series Paper from the A Little Foxy DSP paper stack. I then punched the heart out of Blushing Bride card stock with the heart punch, stamped the sentiment (from Flourishing Phrases) in Memento Black ink and adhered it with a dimensional. The bottom was an oval of Garden Green card stock that I trimmed to fit the bottom, to make it appear the bears are sitting on a hill. I sponged the card stock with Garden Green ink to give it some depth.
To create the little bears, I used the new Fox Builder Punch. I used Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake card stock. As you can see, I rounded off the tips of the ears with my paper snips to give the bears softer ears. I then used the smallest semi circle from the Swirly Bird dies and the smallest circle from the Owl Builder Punch for the nose. I punched the feet out with the middle size circle of the Owl Builder Punch and stamped the feet onto the circles. The bow tie is from the Snow Friends Framelit dies using Soft Sky card stock. The bow in the girl bears hair is the same die, but I rounded the tips with my paper snips and added a rhinestone to the center. The bears bodies were adhered with snail adhesive and the head was adhered with a dimensional.
For the interior of the card I used this sentiment and greenery from the Stampin’ Up! Flourishing Phrases stamp set. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Black ink and the greenery was stamped in Garden Green. I love to complete the interior of the card as well as the outside.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Final Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Pamela Sadler at stampin pink rose
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Laura Schollaart at Laura b’ Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Shannon Jaramillo at ShannonKayPaperie
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts