Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for September 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month our projects represent our favorite year end Season. It may be Autumn, Winter, Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas (and maybe even a combination!) We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I think my favorite season is Fall. I love it when the weather starts to cool off and the fog rolls in. It’s time to hang out in your PJs with a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I created a project with Fall in mind using the Stampin’ Up! Botanical Blooms stamp set and the matching Botanical Builders thinlit set. I also used the matching Botanical Gardens DSP (recently retired) and our Stampin’ Up! note cards to make this cute set.
Today’s projet is a set four note cards that slip nicely into a matching box that fastens closed with a velcro dot. It makes for a great gift!
The base of the box is made with Wild Wasabi card stock. It starts with a piece 3.5″ x 9.5″ – scored on the long side at 3.75″, 4.5″, 8.25″ and 9″. It was also scored on the short side at 3/4″. Next up is another piece of Wild Wasabi card stock 3.75″ x 10″ – scored on the long side at 5.25″ and 6″. I used two pieces of Whisper White card stock one was 3.5″ x 3.75″ (for the cover) and the second piece was 2.5″ x 3.5″ (for the box ). I used two pieces of Botanical Gardens DSP (recently retired) – one piece was 3.25″ x 3.5″ (for the cover) and a second piece was 2.25″ x 3.25″ (for the box).
The Whisper White note cards were decorated with a 1″ x 5″ strip of Cajun Craze card stock and a .75″ x 5″ strip of DSP layered over that using snail adhesive. The Flower was cut from Crushed Curry card stock, the center of the flower was cut from Cajun Craze card stock and the leaf from Wild Wasabi cardstock – all using the Botanical Builder thinlit dies. The center of the flower was finished off with a candy dot in Soft Suede. The flower was easy to assemble using glue dots.
I made this kiss tent to match. It starts with Cajun Craze card stock 5″ x 5.5″, scored on the 5 inch side at 1.5″, 2.5″, and 4″. This was then folded into a tent shape and Hershey Kisses were added to the inside. I closed it using tear and tape – since it’s a little stronger than snail adhesive. The front was decorated with a 5″ x .75″ strip of Wild Wasabi card stock and a 5″ x .5″ strip of DSP. The flower was cut using the Botanical Builders thinlit set, the same as on the note cards. I’ve sponged onto the flower to give it some added depth. Feel free to comment below with any questions. I’m here to help!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Staci Rivera at Clever Bow Tie Designs
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at www.RnRStamping.com
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts