Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for March 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring Spring or Spring related projects. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
If you have followed my blog much at all, you know that I love to do these card in a box explosion boxes. In honor of Spring and our Spring has Sprung Blog Hop – I have made a Easter card. This card features the Stampin’ Up! Easter Message stamp set.
I used my basic card in a box card base design (found here) using Crumb Cake and Elegant Eggplant card stock and used Very Vanilla as my stamping layer of card stock. I stamped in in Memento black, Garden Green and Elegant Eggplant ink.
I colored the cross and flowers using my Stampin’ Up! Many Marvelous Markers. The flowers, palm frond and cross were all fussy cut by hand using my Stampin’ Up! paper snips.
Stampin’ Tip: When fussy cutting, keep your scissors in a comfortable forward position and turn the paper into the scissors, rather than turning the scissors around the paper. You get more control this way.
The cross is adhered to the back of the card with stampin’ dimensionals and the flowers and palm frond are adhered to the middle cross members with glue dots. The Happy Easter sentiment is adhered with glue dots and two small strips of acetate.
I love that these cards pop up for display and then fold flat for mailing. A custom envelope can be made for this card with the Envelope Punch Board (5 1/2″ x 6″ envelope, 9 1/4″ square of DSP, first score at 4 3/8″).
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme by Becky Retzer
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <—- You are here
Very lovely card box!!
A stunning tribute.
My favorite project from the whole blog hop! Love your explosion box. so tastefully done. Makes me want to try making one.
Wow! This card is awesome!
This is so much more than a card. It is a message of inspiration and love. Thanks so much for sharing.
you truly are the Queen of box cards!
This is totally a stunning card!