Welcome to the Pals January 2018 Blog Hop. Our theme this month is “From the Heart” featuring heartfelt projects like Valentine’s Day, Thinking of You, Get Well and Sympathy. Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
When I saw the theme – “from the heart”, I knew just the card to use! This is a card I designed for my upcoming Valentine’s Day card class. It’s a quick and easy card that would be great for a class of children or for a senior center card. It’s so quick and easy!
This card starts with a Basic Black card base, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Next I attached a layer of Cherry Cobbler card stock that is 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, followed by a 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ layer of Whisper White CS. I then used the Big Shot and the Large Letter Framelit dies to die cut the latter I and U from scraps of Basic Black CS. The Sweet and Sassy framelit dies were used to cut the heart out of Red Glimmer Paper. The letters were attached with glue dots and the heart was attached with stampin’ dimensionals.
For the interior of the card I used Momento Black ink and the new Epic Celebrations stamp set from the 2018 Sale-A-Bration brochure. (You can own this set for FREE by placing a $50 order during Sale-A-Bration!) I used the Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends Markers to color in the sneakers. I have included a list of all supplies used below with links to purchase them from my online store.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on February 14, 2018. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme Crafts
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin’ Pink Rose
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Kat Chancellor at Stamp ART Connection
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Milligan at Stampin’ Made Simple