Welcome to the Pals April 2018 Blog Hop. Join us while we put “Families First” in our hop this month. The Stampin’ Pretty Pals will inspire you with family related projects like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation or Family Vacations. You may be just starting or hopped over from another Pal. In either case you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
For my card, I chose to use the Stampin’ Up! Truly Tailored stamp set and the True Gentleman DSP. These two items are on the list to be retired May 31st. I think this is a great combination for masculine cards.
This card starts with a Chocolate Chip card base, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. (The color Chocolate Chip is retiring too.) The True Gentleman DSP was cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhered with snail adhesive. I then cut a piece of Night of Navy CS 4 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and another piece of coordinating DSP 4 1/4″ x 1″. The banner triple punch was perfect for flagging the ends of these two pieces. I then layered one on top of the other and adhered them together and then to the card front. The greeting was stamped from the Truly Tailored stamp set in Early Espresso ink onto Very Vanilla CS and then punched out with the coordinating Tailored Tag Punch. Stampin’ dimensionals made the greeting pop of the card.
I lined the inside of the card with a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla CS. The sentiment, also from the Truly Tailored stamp set, was stamped in Early Espresso ink. I also used Early Espresso ink to stamp the bow tie stamp in the upper left and lower right corner. It’s now ready to be given to a gentleman celebrating a birthday.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 when we all “Step It Up with Textures or Techniques”. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We really like that.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Hicks Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Nina King at Ink Paper Sequins
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
The products I used can be purchased from my online shop 24/7. These links will take you right to that item in my store. Get them before they are gone. Happy Shopping.