Welcome to the Pals October, 2018 Blog Hop. It’s a spooky time of year so watch out for “Wicked Folds” while you hop from blog to blog. We promise not to be too scary.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I just love that we are featuring “wicked folds”. If you follow me at all, you know that I love fancy fold cards! I make them a lot! But, I had recently made these adorable “Boo Boxes” for a recent craft fair and decided to use this project for the hop. This “Boo Box” involves lots of folds. 🙂
This box started with a 5″ x 7 3/4″ piece of Basic Black CS – it was scored at 1 1/4″ from each side (this is the bottom of the finished box). The top of the box is a 4 1/8″ x 6 7/8″ piece of Basic Black CS, scored at 3/4″ from each side. The insert is a 3 3/8″ x 6 1/8″ piece of Basic Black CS, scored at 1/2″ from each side. I then used the Stampin’ Up! Layering Alphabet Dies to die cut the “B” out of Pumpkin Pie CS. The “Os” were made using two circles from the Layering Circles Framelit Dies and Pumpkin Pie CS.
The box is decorated with Toil & Trouble DSP – 2 3/8″ x 5 1/8″, adhered to the top of the box. To go over that, I die cut the Cauldron and the Cat from the Toil & Trouble DSP and adhered them to a 2″ x 4 3/4″ piece of Very Vanilla CS. I then stamped “Happy Halloween” from the Cauldron Bubble Stamp Set in Gorgeous Grape between these two. This layer was then adhered over the Toil & Trouble DSP layer on the top of the box.
Before folding up the sides of the insert of the box, I die cut the two “Os” using the smaller of the two circles I made the “Os” out of. I then adhered the letters onto the insert using liquid glue. The corners were cut according to the video below and then the box was put together with tear and tape adhesive.
When the box it finished you can insert round candies (such as Ferrero Rocher or Lindor Chocolates) in to the holes for the “O’s”.
I also made some “Ho Ho Ho Boxes” that is very similar (just a little bit longer) and recently made that box on a Facebook Live. (I do Facebook Live on my Facebook Page at 2:30pm (MT) each Monday). Watching this video will explain how this box is assembled. You can see that HERE:
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, November 14, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. November is time for “Anything But a Card” where the Pals will feature creations suitable for holiday gifting. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jill Killeen at The Killeen House Studio
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie at Maggie Made Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase