Hi Stampers. My cousin Jeff was born on the 4th of July and is a Vietnam Veteran. He loves all things patriotic! Today’s card combines Patriotic (red, white and blue) and Birthday (Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set) and a surprise. I used the Dandelion Wishes stamp set to create fireworks! I just LOVE IT when I can use a stamp set for something it was not intended for. It makes my stamps sets even more useful!
This card starts with a Night of Navy card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. Next up is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Cherry Cobbler CS. A 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ layer of Whisper White CS is next. The Dandelions, from the Dandelion Wishes stamp set, were stamped onto a 3″ x 4-1/4″ layer of Night of Navy CS in Versamark ink. Silver Stampin’ Emboss powder was poured over the top with excess tapped off. The embossing powder is heated using the heat tool. (Make sure to heat from both sides of the cardstock to prevent warping.)
The “time to celebrate!” sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set, from Stampin’ Up! It is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink onto a 1/2″ x 3″ strip of Whisper White CS. This layer is adhered to a 3/4″ x 3″ strip of Cherry Cobbler CS. The two of them are then adhered to the card front.
I am just tickled at how it came out! This card can be used for a birthday card or a Happy 4th of July card. Both occasions are a reason to celebrate!
To continue the fireworks theme to the inside, the dandelion stamps are used again on the interior 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Whisper White CS. The upper left corner is stamped in Night of Navy ink and the lower right corner is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink. The middle is left blank so that I can write my message on the inside of the card.
All of the products used in the making of this card are current Stampin’ Up! products and can be purchased from my online store. If you shop for these supplies in July, you can even earn coupon codes to spend in August!
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.