Welcome to the Pals’ June Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects using “Anything with Wings” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
For my card, I chose to use the new Free As A Bird Bundle and the coordinating Bird Ballad DSP. This card is a double point fold card. The two triangles on the sides are 4″ x 3″ folded DSP.
Each 4″ x 3″ piece of DSP was marked at 2″ down and 2″ across and scored between those two points, on both sides. It is then folded at the 1″ line at the bottom. See the above diagram for an example.
The 1″ part of the folded DSP was adhered to the back side of a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS. That was then adhered to a basic card base 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 4-1/4″. The front of the card has a layer of Crumb Cake CS and a layer of Whisper White CS that have been die cut using the Stitched Nested Label Dies (the dies that go with the Free As A Bird bundle). Onto the Whisper White label I stamped the outside sentiment from the Kindness & Compassion stamp set. The two little birds are fussy cut from the Bird Ballad DSP.
The labels were only adhered to the triangle on the left side, so that it will open. Behind the points, when you open it, there is another sentiment. This one is stamped in Pool Party ink. I also added a layer of DSP to the flap of the envelope by putting snail on the flap, laying the DSP on it and then trimming off the excess with my paper snips.
When you open the card, there is an inside layer of Whisper White CS (4″ x 5-1/4″). I adhered a 1″ x 4″ strip of DSP on the right side of this layer and stamped the sentiment (from the Well Said stamp set) in Pool Party ink.
Stampin’ Tip: With this fold there is the option to put it on a basic card base, as I have done here, or you can just adhered it to a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of colored CS, so it only opens once (from the points).
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 12, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Mixing It Up” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <—- you are here
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase