Hi Stampers. Summer is finally here and 4th of July is right around the corner! I recently held a 4th of July card class. We made 9 cards, 3 each of 3 designs. The cards were patriotic themed, but simple enough to be used for almost any occasion. The stamp set High Tide and the Adirondack chair die from the Seasonal Layers Dies make up this summer beach scene.
This card starts with a Blueberry Bushel card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. The stamping is done on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White layer of cardstock. Starting with the sand on the beach, I created the scene making my way up the front of this layer. To create this scene start with the sand stamp from the High Tide stamp set and Sahara Sand ink. Next, use the water stamp and Seaside Spray ink to stamp the water. Use a post it note to mask off the water, then stamp the sun in Mango Melody ink. The post it note will keep the sun above the water. Stamp the birds in Smoky Slate ink and the grass on the beach in Mossy Meadow ink.
Sponge Seaside spray ink over the water using a stamping sponge or a sponge dauber. (The stamping sponge is less likely to give you circles and have a lighter look to it). Next, sponge Daffodil Delight ink around the sun and Balmy Blue ink for the sky. Then attach this layer to the card base using snail adhesive.
Use the Seasonal Dies to die cut 3 chairs – one from Real Red CS, one from Whisper White CS and one from Blueberry Bushel. Adhere these to the card front using liquid glue or the fine tip glue pen.
For the inside of the card use another 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Whisper White CS. Use a stamping sponge and Sahara Sand ink on the bottom and Balmy Blue ink across the top. This wonderful sentiment is from the Colorful Seasons stamp set and is stamped in Blueberry Bushel ink.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.