Hi Stampers. Sympathy cards are my least favorite cards to make, but at my age, I’m finding that I need them more often than I’d like. The Sorry for Everything stamp set and the Good Morning Magnolia bundle makes it a little easier. Today’s card came out beautiful!
I started with a soft Petal Pink card base and cut off one end. (All measurements below). The Magnolia Lane DSP with the gorgeous magnolias on a black background was perfect for this card. I adhered the DSP to the front of the card.
I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto the Very Vanilla CS top layer and attached it to the Petal Pink piece I cut off the base. The sentiment layers are added to the front of the card by putting adhesive on just the left side and placing it over the DSP.
The 3D flower was created using the Magnolia Memory dies and Very Vanilla CS. A small amount of Petal Pink ink was added to the center of each petal section before I adhered them together using mini glue dots. The center of the flower is die cut from Daffodil Delight CS and then a gold faceted gem was added to the center.
Inside the card, I added a strip of the same DSP to the right side of that layer, stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink and then adhered it to the center of the card.
This is what the card looks like open. I hope it brings a little bit of comfort to the recipient.
I also added some DSP to the flap of the envelope. It is adhered with snail adhesive and then trimmed off from the back side using paper snips.
This gorgeous stamp set and dies are available at 10% off when purchased as a bundle. Stamp sets and dies (or punch) that coordinate are offered as a bundle at 10% in the first catalog they appear in. If it carries over to the next catalog, they need to be purchased separately at full price. So, if you love this bundle – I suggest you pop on over to my store and buy it now while it’s discounted.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the Measurements:
First Layer – Magnolia Lane – 2-1/2″ x 4″
Second Layer – Very Vanilla – 4″ x 2-1/2″
Inside Layer – 5 1/4″ x 4″
Scraps for magnolia flower – Very Vanilla & So Safron
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place an order and join my Queen B Creations VIP club for many more FREE PDF Project and Tips.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.