Hi Stampers. Have you seen the pretty Free As A Bird bundle? It makes some beautiful cards. Today’s card actually does double duty – it’s a card AND a gift card holder! How cool is that?
This I then and punched a half circle on the left side as per the image below.
For the inside pocket I used tear and tape adhesive. Tear & Tape is great to use anytime you need a little extra hold. I use it often on fancy fold cards and 3D items.
The cute little birdies are from the Stampin’ Up! Free As A Bird stamp set. I stamped them in Memento Black ink and colored in with the Stampin’ Blends. After it was colored, I fussy cut it out with my paper snips. (This shows you why I love my Brother Scan N Cut – I’m not really good with the fussy cutting).
Do you see the cute little birdies on the inside? They are from the Bird Ballad DSP. Using the Brother Scan N Cut, I cut out an entire sheet of the birds from the Bird Ballad DSP – within minutes I had a whole pile of birds, already colored!
I hope the next time you are in need of a way to deliver a gift card, you consider this design. All the supplies can be purchased in my online store using the links below.
Here are the Measurements:
- Terracotta Tile card base is 5-1/2″ x 11″, scored at 4-1/4″ and 8-1/2″ (removed the 6-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ upper section – per diagram above)
- Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2-1/2″ (front layer)
- Terracotta Tile CS – 3-3/4″ x 2-1/4″ (front layer)
- Terracotta Tile DSP – 3-1/2″ x 2″ (front layer)
- Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2″ (to stamp the birds on)
- Whisper White CS – scrap (to stamp the sentiment on)
- Terracotta Tile DSP – 2-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ (inside pocket)
- Terracotta Tile DSP – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (interior)
- Whisper White CS – 3-3/4″ x 5″ (interior)
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – for your chance to be this months hostess and earn FREE hostess rewards!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
Customer Appreciation PDF:
Can you smell Fall in the air yet? It’s coming! We have started Back to school and are well on our way towards Halloween! This month’s PDF is all about the Harvest Hellos Bundle. This PDF includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards – I’ve even included a few simple fancy folds!.
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code QC424PBZ, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.