Hi Stampers. For my craft fairs this weekend, I made several framed samplers to sell. Today I am sharing one of them with you.
This framed sampler is 8″ x 8″. The base is Very Vanilla with Crushed Curry over that and then more Very Vanilla CS. I used several stamp sets and dies to make this sampler. Where I did not have coordinating dies – I used my Brother Scan and Cut machine. (I love that machine!) Most of my squares are 2″ x 2″ Crushed Curry with 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ Very Vanilla that I stamped onto with a 1/4″ border between squares. Two of the Crushed Curry blocks are rectangles – 2″ x 4-1/4″. The 4-1/4″ was made by adding the 2″ plus 2″ plus the 1/4″ gap. For the word “FALL” I used my beloved (retired) Large Alphabet Dies and the Come to Gather DSP.
Figuring out the layout took a little bit of math. I started with 2″ x 2″ blocks. Since i wanted 1/4″ borders, I knew I could get three 2″ blocks each way. The three 2″ blocks added to 6″. The gap between blocks were two 1/4″ gaps. Which gave me 6-1/2″. Eight inches minus 6-1/2″ left me with an extra 1-1/2″ – putting half on either side gave me 3/4″ each side. The diagram may help explain what I am trying to say here.
I used the green squares as placeholders while I arranged the four corner squares. Then I centered the other squares between the corners. After all my squares were attached I removed the green placeholder squares.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
This month’s PDF is all about the Sip Sip Hooray Bundle. This PDF includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards – I’ve even included a few simple fancy folds!.
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code ZWEPTUSY, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.
- This site includes affiliate links. Using these links does not cost you anything extra, but gives me a small referral fee. I appreciate your support!