Hi Stampers. Do you own the Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils? Watercolor pencils are different than regular colored pencils, these react to small amounts of water. When I use my watercolor pencils, I blend them with the Stampin’ Blender Pens. Here – I will show you what I mean:
I stamped this flower and ladybug, from the Little Ladybug Sale-A-Bration bonus host set, in Memento Black ink onto Whisper White CS. Next, I colored them with Stampin’ Up Watercolor Pencils set 1 & 2 (I may have over colored – the blender pen spreads it around alot). Like all of our other products – the watercolor pencils come in Stampin’ Up! colors.
After coloring, I went over it again with a Stampin’ Up! Blender Pen. You can see, by looking at the two photos above, how the blender pen smooths out the color and removes the sketch marks. (It would have smoothed it out even more, if I had used watercolor paper.)
Assembling Our Card:
Using a Stampin’ Sponge, I sponged Balmy Blue ink behind the ladybug and flower and on the edges of the Whisper White layer. It was then layered onto Gorgeous Grape and attached to a Basic Gray card base.
I used the 1-1/2″ circle punch to punch out a Gorgeous Grape circle and then used the 1-3/8″ scalloped circle punch from Whisper White CS. Basic Gray ink was used to stamp the simple, thinking of you, sentiment – also from the Little Ladybug stamp set. The two circles were layered and then adhered to the card front using a stampin’ dimensional.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial and FREE Sale-A-Bration item(s) (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
My Customer Appreciation PDF this month’s PDF is all about the Timeless Tropical bundle. This bundle makes some beautiful summer cards and makes me want to plan another trip to the tropics!This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code WPG9XEUU, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here. <——This deal is even better during SALE-A-Bration!!
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.