Hi Stampers (and those that love poppies). Do you ever look at your card and think – “It needs a little something, but what?”. That happened to me recently. I made the top card and it’s pretty, but seemed to be lacking “a little something”.
This card started with a Gorgeous Grape card base and then I added a layer of the GORGEOUS Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper. It’s so pretty that I left a wide border before adding the layers cut with the Rectangle Stitched Dies out of Gorgeous Grape & Whisper White CS.
The beautiful poppy on the card front was made using Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green and Basic Black CS and the Poppy Moments Dies. While the layers are glued together with liquid glue (as well as one of the leaves) the flower and second leaf are attached using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here is my second – “stepped up” version of the card. While a lot of the card is the same, I added the second (smaller poppy) and the second layer of the leaves (Old Olive & Mossy Meadow CS).
I also added the “splotches” (from the Painted Poppies stamp set) in the background on the Whisper White layer in Highland Heather ink.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink and added a strip of the same DSP from the front of the card, as an accent.
These poppies have an entire suite to work with that includes two bundles, DSP, sequins, ribbon, and more! Check it out! There are so many things you can create with this suite!
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code E4WV7P3E, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.