Hi Stampers. Have you seen those Chibitronics cards that light up? I’ve been wanting to try to make one for what feels like forever. Well, I finally did it! I ordered the electronics from Amazon and used them to light up the headlights on the truck from the Pedal to the Medal stamp set. Today, I am showcasing the card I made using this lighthouse.
I combined two stamp sets to make this card – Sailing Home and High Tide. The two sets work well together and gave me the look I was going for.
Stampin’ Tip: To make the “sand” layer look more realistic, I started by tearing the Crumb Cake layer and sponging some Crumb Cake ink onto it.
I started with the Night of Navy card base and then adhered the Chibitronics electronics to the front of the card base. The battery is housed in a piece of Whisper White CS – 2″ x 1″. Adhesive foam strips were used to create a spot for the battery and then went all around the card front to hold up the Seaside Spray layer.
The sentiment was placed over the battery and when you press it the light at the top of the lighthouse light up.
Here is a close up of the Chibitronics light.
Inside the card, I just stamped some water and added the die cut boat. I actually had a smudge on the card and used Mango Melody ink to cover up the smudge – and later changed it to Mango Melody CS. Getting to the very end of the card and making a smudge can be frustrating, so I had to find a solution to cover it up. What do you think?
Need more directions? Watch this video for all the details on how you can create this card for yourself.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
A new catalog was just released! Click here to shop my online store.
Earn my “Celebrate Sunflowers” Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code T66NAHDR, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.