Hi Stampers. Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for August – I have been asked to be a guest hopper today! Today we are sharing Birthday themed projects. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you.
My card was inspired by my good friend Lorri Heiling – she’s super creative! She made a similar card last year, so I changed up the stamp set and DSP to make my card.
The card is made to look like a camera – remember those? We had them before everyone had a cell phone with a camera built in. LOL I gave it a strap using some Misty Moonlight ribbon. My “lens” is made by cutting several circles using the layering circles dies and putting the Shimmery Crystal Effects on the top. (Note: it should dry clear with glitter, but it’s not quite dry in my photos).
Inside the card is a “photo” of the characters from the Special Someone stamp set. They are all holding happy birthday balloons :-). I made the corners to hold the “photo” in place using a 3/4″ square of Misty Moonlight CS cut in half diagonally with the paper snips. The sky and grass are sponged on using wedges of a stamping sponge.
Peaking out of the top of the card is Basic Black CS punched out using the Everyday Label Punch with a small strip of Silver Foil added. To the right on the top is a Silver Foil circle topped with a Frosted Epoxy Droplet. The “Happy Birthday” sentiment is stamped onto Whisper White CS in Basic Gray ink. It was punched out using the Classic Label punch and adhered using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. It was so fun to make and I’m sure the recipient will love it!
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
Blog Hop Line Up:
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown of Stamping with JoJo
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)!
If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here. If you would like to join me for some classes, clubs or events make sure to visit the events page or sign up for my newsletter so you will never miss out again.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
The Holiday Catalog is now LIVE!
In our AWESOME new online store – designed with YOU the customer in mind!
You can now redeem your Bonus Days Coupons, too!
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards!
All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code NJRUQDYS, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.