Hi Stampers, welcome to another blog hop. For this hop we are featuring some holiday’s other than Christmas. I chose to showcase an Advent card I made for a customer.
My Advent card started with a thick Whisper White card base with an open top and bottom. (Think of the base as two cards that were put together to make a square box.)
After cutting and scoring my base, I used the layering circles dies to cut a circle in the center of each panel. (Here is a photo of how it looked before it went together.)
On the outside of the card I have die cut a swirled circle around each opening. (I apologize that I used some non-SU glitter paper for these – but it would look gorgeous cut out of the brightly gleaming paper, too.)
Inside the card I have attached a piece of vellum for each circle, to make it a window. Inside each window are (1, 2, 3 & 4) candles that I cut using my Brother Scan N Cut (<– affiliate link)
Inside the card, I placed an battery operated tealight candle to light it up. (safer than an open flame).
When you flatten the card, the message part of the card slides in and then pulls out in order to stand it up for display.
Doesn’t it look beautiful all lit up?
This Advent card is also beautiful in Gold Glimmer Paper.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Join My Team – Creative Royalty
Click HERE to learn more and start choosing your kit products! No Risk! Try out all of the demonstrator discounts and benefits through March 31, 2021. No penalty to drop. Extend from April through June (and you can order from the new 2021 Annual Catalog early) by reaching $300 in sales by March 31, 2021. Just for You! There’s no obligation to host parties, sell or purchase anything other than the kit. It’s the perfect crafty gift to yourself!
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code 2AFF2GFU, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.