Hi Stampers. I make ALOT of cards and I like most of them. Some I’m even really happy with, but this Hydrangea Hill Double Gatefold Card came out gorgeous! I love the bundle… the colors… the fold… just all of it! This card was made during a Facebook Live class – CLICK HERE to see it.
While I have your attention, I want to be sure that you are aware that Thursday June 24th, 2021 is a day of FREE SHIPPING. It’s only ONE day, so don’t miss out!
This card started out with a piece of Basic White CS 5-1/2″ x 12″, scored at 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″.
The card has a 1″ x 10″ belly band in Basic White CS with a 3/4″ x 10″ of Hydrangea Hill DSP. It wraps around the card and attaches to itself in the back so it can slide off and slide back on.
Using the Hydrangea Haven stamp set, I stamped the large Hydrangea in Smoky Slate ink. I used the Hydrangea Dies to cut out that flower. In addition, I die cut the top to the hydrangea in Gorgeous Grape CS and the leaf detail in Granny Apple Green CS (with Adhesive Sheet on the back). This gets attached to the belly band in the front.
I like this die because it cuts out the detail as well as the outside shape. Using a Bone Folder I tried to pop up some of the petals, to give it more detail.
The angle is created by making a mark on each side at 2-3/4″ and then using the Paper Trimmer to cut from that mark to the score line, as shown above.
Cutting the DSP for the angled sides was more tricky that it should have been for me. So, I used Window Sheets to create templates to make it super easy. All I had to do was cut the DSP into 2″ strips and then use these templates to cut the angle at the top in the right spot. I am keeping this for all future double gatefold cards like this I make in the future.
In the center of the card is a 3-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Highland Heather CS, followed by a 3-1/2″ x 5″ layer of Basic White CS. A little bit of Balmy Blue ink is brushed onto the top using the Blending Brushes.
The sentiment from the Hydrangea Haven stamp set is stamped in the center of the double gatefold card in Highland Heather ink.
Isn’t this double gatefold card pretty????
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Name
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Name
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Page
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Page
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code E49JSQBE, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.