Hi Stampers. Today’s card is a fun one! It’s an interactive wheel card. I got this idea from a fellow demo (Gillian) and loved it so much, I knew I had to make one! This was before they came out with the Give It A Whirl Dies. Those dies make it so much easier!! But, this card was still fun to make. This stamp set is sticking around, so I may need to do this again with the dies! What do you think?
This card started with a Soft Suede CS with a layer of Basic White CS over that. Using the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set, Versamark ink, clear embossing powder and the heat tool, I heat embossed the words on the Basic White layer. I sponged Soft Suede ink over the top of the words. This technique is called emboss resist.
Next, I die cut a label and then used the Layering Circles Dies to die cut a circle in the Basic White layer and in the label. The circle in the label was die cut first and then used a pencil to mark where to die cut the circle in the Basic White layer.
The wheel is a 3″ circle with the four images stamped onto it and colored with Stampin’ Blends. There is a small brad in the center of the wheel and on the Basic White layer to adhere the two together. A half circle notch was cut on the right side of the Basic White layer to allow me to spin the wheel. Foam Adhesive Strips were used to attach the Basic White layer to the card base.
Using the Nothing’s Better Than stamp set, I stamped the sentiments onto the label and attached the label to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I did the rest of the stamping of the images, from the Nothing’s Better than stamp set, onto scraps of Basic White CS. These were then colored with the Stampin’ Blends. They were then die cut using the Love You More Than Dies and attached to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Inside the card is a Basic White layer with the sentiment stamped in the center with Soft Suede ink. The chocolates are stamped in the lower right corner in Early Espresso and Cinnamon Cider ink.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Name
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Name
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Page
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Page
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code E49JSQBE, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.