Hi Stampers. I’m back with ANOTHER Batter Up!, Paper Pumpkin alternative card. (You can see my other one HERE.) Today’s card is for the Paper Pumpkin Possibilities Blog Hop.
When I first saw the card base with the navy pinstripes in the kit, I knew it was a New York Yankees jersey.
So, for today’s card, I used a thick Basic White card base and added a layer of Night of Navy CS to build my card on.
Using my trimmer, I trimmed off a piece of the striped card base for the shirt and a 3/4″ strip to make the sleeves from. A layering circle die made the half circle at the top of the shirt. The baseball and bat are from the Batter Up! kit, too.
Once I had the jersey made, I knew it needed a number. But, I don’t anything about the Yankees, other than the look of their uniform (lol). Google to the rescue and I came up with #3 for Babe Ruth. I cut the number using the Playful Alphabet Dies and the hat using the Hat Builder Dies.
Inside the card I stamped the sentiment (from the kit) in Night of Navy ink (from the kit). Using Soft Suede ink, I stamped a single bat in the lower right corner and promptly got an ink smudge right above it. Hence, the second bat coming in from the right – problem solved! LOL Enjoy!
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
Paper Pumpkin Video:
Did you know that Stampin’ Up! sells the empty stamp cases? Every month Paper Pumpkin provides a stamp case insert to coordinate with that months paper Pumpkin kit. These are meant to be used with the empty stamp set cases.
Blog Hop Line Up:
- Janey Backer
- Deb Naylor
- Mary Knabe
- Lisa Ann Bernard <—– YOU ARE HERE
- Tricia Butts
- Terri Takashige
- Cheryl Hamilton
- Debbi Green
- Elizabeth Ames
- Darla Roberts
- Dana Sullivan
- June Olsen
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code MEK6FFR7, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.