Hi Stampers. Well, we made it. We are half way through 2021. Can you believe it? Time to get out the Playful Alphabet Dies, Hat Builder Dies (since, what is more American than baseball???) & Stitched Stars Dies to celebrate with 4th of July!
I designed this 4th of July card as part of our Creative Royalty Team meeting “make & takes”. Well, I guess it’s more of a “mail & make” since our team is spread out across the states. Each month, I design cards to mail to them and then we meet online to create them as a team. When I mail out packet, I’m unable to stamp any images for them – per Stampin’ Up! policy.
For this patriotic card, I started with a Real Red card base, followed by a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White and a 3-3/4″ x 5″ layer of Night of Navy. I combined 3 (non 4th of July) die sets to create this 4th of July card!
To create the inlaid star image, I started by using the Stitched Stars Dies to die cut the star out of the Nigh of Navy layer of CS. Using Adhesive Sheet on the CS first, I then die cut the USA (using the Playful Alphabet Dies), the baseball hat (using the Hat Builder Dies) and the detailed star (using the Stitched Stars Dies). A post it note was used to create a temporary shelf to help position the USA and keep them straight and the red star was inserted into the star shaped hole in the Night of Navy layer, giving me the inlay. A few Basic Rhinestone Jewels finish it off.
Inside the card is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Night of Navy CS and a 3-3/4″ x 5″ layer of Basic White CS. Since, I couldn’t use stamps to decorate the inside I used two 1/4″ strips of cardstock on the left side of this inside layer.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code 6EGH2NUC, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.