Hi Stampers. I know, this set and the in colors have been retired… Shame on me, BUT the Diagonal Gate Fold can be used with any stamp sets and any colors! So, please bear with me, you won’t be sorry. If you prefer video, you can see the FB Live HERE and the edited version will be on my YouTube channel soon. Are you a subscriber? Tons of good ideas over there!
To create the card base, I used two pieces of Seaside Spray CS that were 10-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, scored at 5-1/2″. I overlapped the 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ pieces with the score lines to the outsides, so there was a flap on left and flap on right. On the left flap I measured over 4-1/4″ across the bottom and made a mark and on the right flap I measured over 4-1/4″ across the top and made a mark. Using my trimmer, I scored from the mark to the opposite corner. These flaps are then folded toward the front of the card as shown in photos. This is what makes it the diagonal gate fold.
Inside the card is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White CS. The sentiment is stamped in Seaside Spray ink, while the boots and flowers are stamped in Memento Black Ink (and colored using the Stampin’ Blends).
As the focal point on my card, I used a Misty Moonlight scalloped circle and a Basic White circle, cut using the Layering Circles Dies. Again, I stamped the boots and flowers in Memento Black ink and colored with the Stampin’ Blends. The umbrella and handle were stamped onto scraps of Seaside Spray CS and punched out using the Umbrella Builder Punch and added to the circles with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To frame my focal point, I used a 4″ x 4″ layer of Misty Moonlight CS and a 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ layer of Sand & Sea DSP. The two layers were adhered together and then cut diagonally and attached to the card front flaps.
The circles were adhered to the upper (left) flap only, so that it will still open.
I used some 6mm x 1mm mini magnets to hold it closed. I adhered them to the four corners of the inside of the card before adhering the Basic White layer. After adhering the inside layer, I added a second magnet to each of the four and added a glue dot to the top of each one. When I closed the card, it automatically picked up the magnets and the glue dots held them to the flaps of my card. I’ve added an affiliate link below to where you can find these magnets on Amazon.
What kind of card would you make with this Diagonal Gate Fold?
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Name
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Name
- Excel Spreadsheet – Last Chance Product List by Page
- PDF – Last Chance Product List by Page
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code E49JSQBE, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.