Hi Stampers. Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Wonderful Cards/Projects from the Garden” where our design team showcase projects from things found in a garden, such as flowers, vegetables, fruits, or even a garden scene. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Once you finish here, you will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I chose to work with the Birds & Branches stamp set with the Birds & More Dies to create a book binding card.
This was a card made during my last FB Live. See video below, from my YouTube channel.
The book binding fold, has a section of the card on the left adhered together, then it opens like a book with the binding (just like it sounds) on the left.
The Mint Macron card base is 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″ & 6-3/4″. It’s folded in half at the 5-1/2″ and the 6-3/4″ score line folds the opposite way. This is followed by So Saffron CS (4″ x 4″ & 1″ x 4″) and then Hand Penned DSP (3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ & 3/4″ x 3-3/4″).
The focal point is a Basic White circle (cut with the Layering Circle Dies) that has Balmy Blue ink added to it using the Blending Brushes, some leaves die cut in Garden Green CS and then the bird in a nest assembled over that.
On the left is a bow, made from Pool Party Sheer Ribbon (tied on my bow maker tool – you want one of these) and then the ribbon is adhered on the back of the card front. The “book binding” is then adhered together sealing the ends of the ribbon between the front and back of the card.
The birds nest is stamped in Crumb Cake ink and then I “thumped” on it with the brush end of the Soft Suede and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers to give it the look of sticks.
Inside my card is a blank 4″ x 4″ piece of Basic White CS. I know, normally I have something on the inside, this one doesn’t have anything YET….
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team, because the Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on August 11th. Our theme will be “My Happiest Season” when our Design Team creates a project showcase projects inspired by their favorite season of the year. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Leah O’Brien at Honeybee Stamping & More
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations <—– YOU ARE HERE
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Michelle Quinno at Shell Stamps
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase