Hi Stampers. Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber? The July Paper Pumpkin kit was called The Adventure Begins and came with all the pieces and full instructions to create a dozen cards. Each month, I make alternative cards with my kit. Last weekend, I participated in a blog hop where I joined other Stampin’ Up! demonstrators and we all came up with different ideas for this kit. CLICK HERE to see that post.
Note: our new mini catalog goes live August 3rd, next week! Now is the time to purchase your product share. (see link below).
When I first saw the card bases in the Paper Pumpkin kit, I saw a shaker card. I started by creating a card base from Misty Moonlight CS. Next, I cut off the top layer of one of the kit card bases and cut it down to 4″ x 5-1/4″. A piece of Window Sheet is adhered to the back side of this layer and then I framed the opening and edges with Adhesive Strips. I happened to have some seed beads handy that I used as the shaker fill.
After filling the opening with the seed beads, I adhered a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White CS to it. Finally this could all be stuck to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
The white banner was from the kit, I created the green banner behind it by cutting up more of the kit card base that I removed the cover from. Using Misty Moonlight ink and the Paper Pumpkin stamp set, I stamped the sentiment. The banners could then be added to the card base.
As I usually do, I used a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White on the inside of the card. The sentiment (from the Paper Pumpkin kit) was stamped in Misty Moonlight ink and the trees were stamped in Shaded Spruce. I used the blending brushes to add a little Misty Moonlight ink to the top third of this layer. Even though I’m not a camper, I like this card.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
CLICK HERE to purchase your Stampin’ Up! product share
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code 6EGH2NUC, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.