Hi Stampers. Fall/Autumn and it’s Gorgeous Leaves are coming soon and fall makes me bring out the baby wipe technique. I’m recreating a card idea from last year, using the new Gorgeous Leaves stamp set. You can see the fall cards I made with this technique last year by CLICKING HERE.
This card starts with a Cinnamon Cider card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. The next layer is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Very Vanilla that I stamped the leaves on using the baby wipe technique. To do this, I used a wet baby wipe and added a few drops of several fall colors using the reinkers – Old Olive, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Bumblebee and Merry Merlot. This baby wipe with the ink was used as my ink pad.
I also stamped several leaves on scraps of Very Vanilla CS too, and die cut these out with the coordinating Intricate Leaves Dies. Using Soft Suede ink and a sponge dauber, I inked the edges of these leaves after die cutting them. The labels were die cut out of Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla CS using the Tasteful Labels Dies.
The sentiment, from the Love Of Leaves stamp set, was stamped onto the Very Vanilla label – also using the baby wipe with the ink as my ink pad. The Cajun Craze label was adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Seal and the Very Vanilla label is adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The loose leaves were added last by tucking them between the two labels.
Inside the card is another 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Very Vanilla CS with the sentiment stamped in the center and more leaves across the bottom. While I had the baby wipe all inked up, I made several of these cards. I think they are SOOO pretty! What do you think?
Baby Wipe Technique Video Tutorial:
CLICK HERE to view this video on YouTube
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code 24QRRZJ6, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.