Happy Holly-Days, Stampers. Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA on here lately, after a very long painful weekend, I started off my Monday with emergency oral surgery. But, I’m now on the mend and getting back to it! Today I have a simple card using the Happy Holly-Day’s stamp set and a no-line coloring technique.
My card starts with a Crumb Cake card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. Next up is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Real Red CS. I used Real Red ink and the holly berries stamp (from the Happy Holly-Days stamp set) to stamp all over this layer. (Stamping onto CS with the same color ink is referred to as “watermarking”). A piece of gold ribbon is wrapped around this layer and attached it on the back before adhering it to the card base.
The bird is stamped onto a piece of Basic White CS using a second generation stamping in Crumb Cake ink. This made a very light impression of the bird. It was then colored with the Stampin’ Blends. (This is referred to as no-line coloring – because after it’s colored the line kind of disappears.)
Using the paper trimmer, I trimmed around the bird and then cut a layer of Garden Green CS 1/4″ larger to mat it on. Next, I stamped the sentiment, in Real Red ink, onto a strip of Basic White CS that was the same width as the layer with the bird, This too, was matted onto a piece of Garden Green CS, 1/4″ larger.
Inside the card is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White CS. Continuing with the Happy Holly-Days stamp set, I stamped the holly berries in Shaded Spruce ink and colored with the Stampin’ Blends. The sentiment was stamped in the center in Real Red ink. Have you tried the no-line coloring technique yet?
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This months PDF tutorial includes all the instructions for SIX cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code T6ESHMAZ, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.