Hi Stampers. Happy Tuesday! Did you survive yesterday when Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp all went down? LOL Me too! It was kinda nice not to have my phone dinging all day… LOL I got lots of card making done, so lots of new folds are coming soon.
This fold is called an interlocking panel card. It takes a full sheet of 8-1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. First the full sheet is cut in half at 5-1/2″ on the 11″ side. This will look like two card bases, these will be the interlocking panels. Then they are both scored at 2-1/8″, 4-1/4″ and 6-3/8″, giving each piece four 2-1/8″ panels.
The sentiment is mounting in the center of the back panel and a circle is cut in the front pane to reveal it.
On the front panel, I cut halfway up the far left score line and halfway down the far right score line. Then on the back panel, I did the reverse, halfway down the far left score line and halfway up the far right scoreline. This is how they the two interlocking panels will “hook” together.
I used the layering circles to die-cut a scalloped circle and then a circle out of the middle of that, to make the decorative ring. The same circle used to cut the inside circle was used to die-cut the hole in the front panel and the ring was used to decorate it.
The mount on the inside is basically a 4-1/2″ x 3/4″ strip, scored at 1″, 2″, 3″ and 4″. Then the circles were cut for the sentiment and then a 3/4″ x 2″ piece scored at 1″ to make a sort of L bracket. The installation of this is clearly explained in the video below.
Interlocking Panel Card Video Tutorial:
to watch this video on YouTube CLICK HERE
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This months PDF tutorial includes all the instructions for SIX cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code T6ESHMAZ, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.