Hi Stampers. Yesterday I shared with you a beautiful alcohol ink background using fall colors. Today’s card is the same technique using pastel colors.
This card starts with a Thick Basic White card base, 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. The alcohol ink background was created on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of vellum. I scribbled on the vellum using Stampin’ Blends in various pastel colors and then dabed 99% rubbing alcohol onto it using a small stiff paint brush.
The vellum was then attached to the card base using Stampin’ Seal. A strip of 1/2″ Pale Papaya & White Ribbon was adhered over that, using Stampin’ Seal. The sentiment was stamped in Polished Pink ink onto a piece of Basic White CS that was die cut using the Tasteful Labels Dies.
Here is a close up of the leaves & flowers cut from the Pierced Blooms Dies. The bottom leaves & flowers are attached to the alcohol ink background using mini glue dots, the top flower is attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Alcohol Ink Background Technique Video Tutorial:
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This months PDF tutorial includes all the instructions for SIX cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code T6ESHMAZ, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.