Hi Stampers. Sometimes less is more. Today’s Celebrate Sunflower card shows us how a little coloring can go a long way.
This card starts with a Thick Very Vanilla card base – 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″. It’s followed by a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Early Espresso CS and a 3-3/4″ x 5″ layer of Very Vanilla CS. A 2″ x 3-3/4″ strip of Cork Specialty Paper was added to the left side of the Very Vanilla layer. Have you tried this stuff yet? It’s pretty awesome! I worried that it would be too thick to work with, but it’s actually quite thin.
The sentiment, from the Celebrate Sunflower stamp set, was stamped in Early Espresso ink in the lower right corner. Using Bumblebee ink, the flower was stamped onto Very Vanilla CS and the leaves were stamped in Garden Green ink. These were then die cut using the Sunflower Dies.
Keeping things simple, just the center of the flower was colored (using the the dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend). The Sunflower and leaves were then adhered to the left side of the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Again, keeping it simple, the inside the card is stamped with just the smaller sunflower in the lower right corner using Bumblebee ink. Depending on what I decide to use this card for, I may add an interior sentiment later.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This months PDF tutorial includes all the instructions for SIX cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code VDRYHJ4G, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.