Hi Stampers. Today’s card is a Criss Cross fun fold Christmas Card. I just love that this looks a little fancy, yet is super easy! I have linked my YouTube video on this fold below.
Today’s card starts with a Garden Green card base – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″. Next, I set the card base in the paper trimmer and cut the front of the card diagonally from the upper left to lower right corner. I also cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Painted Christmas Designer Series Paper diagonally as well.
One triangle of the Painted Christmas DSP was adhered to the front of the card base and the other triangle to the detached part of the card base. With the short side of the detached triangle on the right side, I adhered it to the other triangle where they overlapped. This is what makes it the “criss-cross card”. (It has also been called a “faux pocket card” because it looks like a pocket, but it’s not.)
For the focal point of this card, I used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies to die cut a layer of Garden Green and a slightly smaller layer of Basic White CS. Using the Peaceful Deer stamp set, I stamped the deer in Soft Suede and the trees in Garden Green ink. These layers were then adhered together and then to the front of the card (being careful to keep the glue only on the parts that over lapped – so I didn’t glue the card closed).
Inside the card is a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White CS. I stamped the animals, from the Peaceful Deer stamp set, in Soft Suede and the sentiment in Garden Green ink.
Criss Cross Fun Fold Card Video Tutorial:
View this video on YouTube – CLICK HERE
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Last Chance List in Excel format – CLICK HERE
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This months PDF tutorial includes all the instructions for SIX cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code T2HVBMKU, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.