Hi Stampers. For our Pals blog hop last week, I shared a swinging pendulum card made using the Birds & Branches bundle. (see that post HERE) In that post, I mentioned that I had done another swinging pendulum card using the Dragonfly Garden bundle. Here it is!
My swinging pendulum card starts with a Mossy Meadow card base, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″. To hold my pendulum, I cut a small strip of Mossy Meadow CS, 1/2″ x 2″, scored at 1/2″, 1″ and 1-1/2″. The two middle pieces were glued together and the two outside flaps were adhered to either side of the inside of the card, at the top, over the score line. A small hole was punched in the part that is glued together and at the top of a 1/4″ x 4″ strip of Window Sheet.
The front of my swinging pendulum card is covered with a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Dandy Garden DSP and a 4″ x 5-1/4″ layer of Basic White CS is adhered in the center of the card. In the center of the card front, I die cut a large circle, using the Layering Circles Dies and a ring was die cut using that circle and a slightly larger scalloped circle with Bumblebee CS. Using the Dragonfly Punch I punched a dragonfly from the Dandy Garden DSP and another from Mossy Meadow CS. The two were then attached to the strip of Window Sheet (one on either side) using mini glue dots. A brad was used to attached the top of the Window Sheet strip to the bracket at the top of the card.
The sentiment, from the Birds and Branches stamp set is stamped onto a 3/4″ x 4″ strip of Basic White CS using Merry Merlot ink. Linen Thread was wrapped around the right side and the Pick A Banner Punch was used to punch the left side. This strip was then adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
A blank 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White layer is adhered to the back of the card for a handwritten message.
If you live in the United States and would like to shop with me you can follow any of the photo links below to get to my online store. When you place your order, don’t forget to use this months Mystery Hostess code – from the bar on the right – to earn this months Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial (with a qualifying order)! If you need help with how to use the host code you can find the answer here.
Thank you for visiting please take the time to say hello and leave a comment.
These are the supplies I used:
click on the picture to be taken to my store to purchase
Earn my monthly Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial by placing an order $30 or more (before shipping & tax). This PDF tutorial includes all the instructions to create six adorable cards! All orders of $30 and above (before tax and shipping) placed in my online store using the Hostess Code 24QRRZJ6, will be emailed the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE, if your order is over $150 before tax and shipping DO NOT enter the Hostess Code and you will receive all the Stampin’ Rewards you earned on your order AND the Customer Appreciation PDF tutorial.
If you enjoyed this post, please be sure to . . .
- Join me on Monday’s at 2:30 PM (MT) on my Facebook page for Facebook LIVE.
- Receive a FREE PDF tutorial when you subscribe to my monthly newsletter (exclusive offers) & daily blog updates here.
- Earn up to a $45 shopping spree with my Royalty Rewards Program.
- Check out the clearance rack and save up to 70%.
- Save 10% on coordinating product bundles!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL! Discounts & benefits here.
- Visit my gallery for paper crafting ideas.
- Place a $30 (or more) order and receive my FREE Customer Appreciation PDF Tutorial.
- Join my Online Classes to create some fabulous projects using Stampin’ Up! products with great layouts, fun folds & techniques you won’t want to miss
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube paper crafting video tutorials.